General Background and Overview
- Probabilistic Data Structures for Web Analytics and Data Mining : A great overview of the space of probabilistic data structures and how they are used in approximation algorithm implementation.
- Models and Issues in Data Stream Systems
- Philippe Flajolet’s contribution to streaming algorithms : A presentation by Jérémie Lumbroso that visits some of the hostorical perspectives and how it all began with Flajolet
- Approximate Frequency Counts over Data Streams by Gurmeet Singh Manku & Rajeev Motwani : One of the early papers on the subject.
- [Methods for Finding Frequent Items in Data Streams](http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.187.9800&rep