I'm Ruben Somsen, Bitcoin Sorcerer. I do protocol design in order to enhance Bitcoin. I also help maintain the bitcoin-dev mailing list, am co-host of the Unhashed Podcast , and I’m organizer/founder of the Seoul Bitcoin Meetup.
Trustless two-way pegged sidechains that need to be enabled via a soft fork. Mainchain users verify each softchain via a novel and succinct consensus validation method (~100MB per chain per year) thanks to Proof-of-Work Fraud Proofs (PoW FP), which ensures users can (slowly) come to consensus by only validating blocks which are disputed/forked via Proof-of-Work.
Swap UTXOs off-chain with the absolute minimal trust in a federation (permissionless peg-out). Can interoperate with Lightning for off-chain channel opening and closing.
A permissionless method to create trustless blockchains that improve the Bitcoin ecosystem by explicitly not competing as a store of value. It's a combination of two separate concepts: Blind Merged Mining (BMM) – An auction-based method of mining blocks of other chains by paying BTC miners in bitcoin. The Perpetual One-way Peg (P1WP) – Creating a new token without speculative future value (can't act as store of value).
Succinct Atomic Swaps
Allows you to perform an atomic swap in merely two (or three) transactions, instead of four. Can work on chains that have no scripting and don't support timelocks.
Trustless P2P Lending
A trustless contract to borrow one asset, using another asset as collateral. No oracle or arbitrator is required. Works on any blockchain that has multiple assets and sufficient smart contracting capabilities.
- PoW derivative contracts article (and follow-up tweet)
- Article examining SNARKs for Bitcoin
- Guiding transaction fees towards a more censorship resistant outcome (on bitcoin-dev)
- Limichat: Lightning Network chat app article (app here)
- Enabling relative timelocks for Mimblewimble
- Scriptless DLC
- Beginner explanation of Bitcoin
- Self-sovereignty in Bitcoin
- Sidechains and banking
- Ambushed by Roger Ver
- L2 scaling in Ethereum and Bitcoin (w/ Eric Wall)
- Why Bitcoin matters and how it will scale
- Interview with Sanket Kanjalkar about Bitcoin development
- Interview with Leo Wandersleb about Bitcoin wallet security
- Interview with Hasu on Bitcoin mining security
- Interview about the decision for Bisq to issue a token