I'm Ruben Somsen, Bitcoin Sorcerer. I do protocol design in order to enhance Bitcoin. I also help maintain the bitcoin-dev mailing list, am co-host of the Unhashed Podcast, and I’m organizer/founder of the Seoul Bitcoin Meetup.
Receive private payments from anyone on a single static address without requiring any interaction or extra on-chain overhead.
A permissionless method to create trustless blockchains that improve the Bitcoin ecosystem by explicitly not competing as a store of value. It's a combination of two separate concepts: Blind Merged Mining (BMM) – An auction-based method of mining blocks of other chains by paying BTC miners in bitcoin. The Perpetual One-way Peg (P1WP) – Creating a new token without speculative future value (can't act as store of value).
- Video 2 (newer, more to the point)
- Video 1 (older, longer/more detailed)
- Article – P1WP
- Technical – BMM
- Spacedollars write-up
- Spacechains mining demo (see end of video 2)
Swap UTXOs off-chain with the absolute minimal trust in a federation (permissionless peg-out). Can interoperate with Lightning for off-chain channel opening and closing.
Trustless two-way pegged sidechains that need to be enabled via a soft fork. Mainchain users verify each softchain via a novel and succinct consensus validation method (~100MB per chain per year) thanks to Proof-of-Work Fraud Proofs (PoW FP), which ensures users can (slowly) come to consensus by only validating blocks which are disputed/forked via Proof-of-Work.
Makes it possible to perform an atomic swap in merely two (or three) transactions, instead of four. Can work on chains that have no scripting and don't support timelocks.
A trustless contract to borrow one asset, using another asset as collateral. No oracle or arbitrator is required. Works on any blockchain that has multiple assets and sufficient smart contracting capabilities.
- Limitations of RGB/Taro: 1, 2, 3, podcast
- Wagner's Blind Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange
- List of all L2 protocols of interest to Bitcoin
- Segregated Message Signature Scheme
- Practical 2-of-3 Seed Splitting Protocol
- PoW derivative contracts article (and follow-up tweet)
- Article examining SNARKs for Bitcoin
- Guiding transaction fees towards a more censorship resistant outcome (on bitcoin-dev)
- Limichat: Lightning Network chat app article (app here)
- Enabling relative timelocks for Mimblewimble
- Scriptless DLC
- ZKPs and Bitcoin (zk-rollups, STARKs)
- Stewart Mackenzie Indaba (spacechains, drivechains, SNARKs/rollups, Simplicity)
- L2 scaling in Ethereum and Bitcoin (w/ Eric Wall)
- Wasabikas Podcast (sidechains, ecash, spacechains)
- The Bitcoin Onion (statechains, spacechains, softchains)
- Lightning Junkies Podcast #1 (statechains)
- Lightning Junkies Podcast #2 (anyprevout, statechains, spacechains)
- Block Digest Podcast #1 (statechains, bmm)
- Block Digest Podcast #2 (softchains, spacechains)
- Guy Swann Podcast (statechains, succinct atomic swaps, p1wp)
- MintGox Podcast (NFTs, spacechains, statechains, ICOs)
- Stacks altcoin debate with CEO Muneeb
- Bitcoin Beginner Podcast – Bitcoin's value, volatility, energy use, PoS
- Why Bitcoin matters and how it will scale
- Drivechains explanation
- RGB explanation
- Discreet Log Contracts explanation
- Utreexo explanation
- Ecash explanation
- Beginner explanation of Bitcoin
- Self-sovereignty in Bitcoin
- Sidechains and banking
- Ambushed by Roger Ver