I guess font support is what matters, not OS, so I combined all the horizontal ones regardless of whether they work everywhere. Paste at your own risk!
- http://www.unicode.org/charts/ (look for emoticons)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaomoji (顔文字) [done]
- http://unicodeemoticons.com/howto.htm [done]
- http://superkawaiiemoticon.tumblr.com/post/21630699578/emoji-master-post [done]
- everything in the gist comments [done as of 2014-03-18]
Unicode official emojis.txt as these are completely mainstream now, supported in every app ever, the number of them have exploded, and they have whole websites dedicated to them, like https://emojipedia.org/ (This list was first created in 2009, when sending someone a Unicode snowman was a big deal.)
If you want to type ¯_(ツ)_/¯ on github, you have to escape some characters to get around markdown.