Accessibility lesson: 07/18/17
Warmup questions (turn and talk):
- what do we know about accessible web apps?
- What have we done to make our projects accessible? (Mark and I: nothing. It’s not accessible for anyone, be they developers or people w/perfect vision. We just build ugly projects.)
- What are we most curious about re: accessibility
- Mark: When in the project do you start making it accessible? From day one, or can you “fix it up” at the end
- Josh: How do you make the case to your manager to spend 5-10% of the project time on making it accessible?
- Josh: Are there online “watering holes” where people with disabilities go to make use of accessible websites? (Like Reddit?)