"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE USING SWIFT DOESN'T MEAN YOUR QUESTION IS ABOUT SWIFT"
How To Get Answers
Ask your question and then be patient. Tell us what you want to happen, what is actually happening, and include any error messages you find:
- Provide a scenario. "I am trying to do X, I do so by calling APIs W and Y, but Z happens instead. I see the following error messages:..."
- Focus on the goal. Ask about what you're trying to achieve (the big story) rather than the specific technical detail that you believe is holding you back.
- Don't solicit help. Don't say, "Does anyone here know about (for example) Protocol Extensions". Just ask your question.
- Do your homework. Search the web before asking in-channel.
- Be courteous Don't just paste Stack Overflow questions in-channel.
- Remember the topic Refer questions about third party libraries to their developers.