I was inspired by Selena Deckelmann's list of Career Resources for Women (http://www.chesnok.com/daily/career-resources-for-women/), but couldn't think of much to contribute. So I thought maybe those of us already in the field and in a position to mentor could work on creating more. Please fork or comment and add your own!
Also: there is a wealth of info online and elsewhere dating back to the first time it occurred to our species to exchange labor for currency on these topics in general. What I hope we can provide here is our take as individuals. What we would say to someone if we were sitting across from her acting as a mentor. I don't think we should worry about being objectively "right", or about duplicating topics. I add this bit of anti-editorializing in hopes that women will contribute without feeling pressured to be experts, which I worry might prevent them from doing so. TY. :)
- "developer resumes in < 5 minutes" from @garann https://vimeo.com/47550018
- "Cover Letters in 5 minutes" from @selenamarie https://vimeo.com/47559205
- "being nice at work" from @garann https://vimeo.com/47560508
- "Salary Negotiation: Make More Money, Be More Valued" from Patrick http://www.kalzumeus.com/2012/01/23/salary-negotiation/
- "Conflict Resolution" from @selenamarie http://vimeo.com/47562873
- "getting paid what you're worth" from @garann https://vimeo.com/47628626